I tried using the SRTMGL1N v003 product (found at https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/products/srtmgl1nv003/). I encounter issues trying to use this product, finding repeating tiles over the North of Africa.
I tried to download tiles using the Data Pool (at https://e4ftl01.cr.usgs.gov/MEASURES/SR ... age_1.html). I then imported these tiles into the QGIS software. In the attached "num_files_into_qgis.jpg" image are shown the "N22W017.num" and "N22W016.num" tiles. You can see that the right tile (N22W016.num) looks similar to the left tile (N22W017.num), repeating the shape of the shoreline.
Then, I tried requesting a GeoTiff raster over a larger bounding box using the AppEEARS tool (see attached "appears_request_example.jpg" for the request).
Again, we can see repeating tiles over this area (see attached "appears_geotiff_into_qgis.jpg"). More precisely, it seems that the water masking is repeated over these tiles, but the other pixels seem correct.
Did I miss something when downloading / importing these tiles ?
- Shows the result of an AppEEARS request of SRTMGL1N over the North of Africa.
- appears_geotiff_into_qgis.jpg (487.36 KiB) Not viewed yet
- Shows an AppEEARS request of SRTMGL1N over the North of Africa.
- appears_request_example.jpg (97.3 KiB) Not viewed yet
- Shows the "N22W017.num" (left) and "N22W016.num" (right) tiles.
- num_files_into_qgis.jpg (312.38 KiB) Not viewed yet
Thank you for your patience.