VIIRS L1A to L1B

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
alakes
Answers: 0

VIIRS L1A to L1B

by alakes » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:27 am America/New_York

I am new to VIIRS data process so please ignore the mistakes.:sad:

I was trying to process VIIRS data from L1A to L1B using : calibrate_viirs par=VIIRS_2017071.par

used the following par file

ifile=/OceanColour/seadas_7.4_Final_Run/VIIRS_Data/071/V2017071053000.L1A_SNPP.nc
l1bfile_mod=/OceanColour/seadas_7.4_Final_Run/VIIRS_Data/071/V2017071053000.L1B_SNPP.nc
dnb_dynamic_lut_file=VIIRS_NPP_CAL_DNB_DYNAMIC_LUT_v2.0.0.2_obpg.nc
rsb_dynamic_lut_file=VIIRS_NPP_CAL_RSB_DYNAMIC_LUT_v2.0.0.2_obpg.nc
static_lut_file=/home/o-mc/SeaDAS-7.4/ocssw/run/var/viirsn/cal/OPER/VIIRS_NPP_CAL_STATIC_LUT_v2.0.0.2_obpg.nc
straylight_lut_file=/home/o-mc/SeaDAS-7.4/ocssw/run/var/viirsn/cal/OPER/VIIRS_NPP_CAL_STRAYLIGHT_DYNAMIC_LUT_v2.0.0.2_obpg.nc
cmn_lut_file=/home/o-mc/SeaDAS-7.4/ocssw/run/var/viirsn/cal/OPER/VIIRS_NPP_CMN_LUT_v2.0.0.2_obpg.nc
geo_lut_file=/home/o-mc/SeaDAS-7.4/ocssw/run/var/viirsn/cal/OPER/VIIRS_NPP_GEO_LUT_v2.0.0.2_obpg.nc

and got following error:
VcstCalNetcdfInputItem::readNetcdfDynamic() Failure opening LUT file: VIIRS_NPP_CAL_RSB_DYNAMIC_LUT_v2.0.0.2_obpg.nc
VcstCalNetcdfInputItem::getData(iet) Failure reading netCDF dynamic file for LUT F_PREDICTED_LUT
ViirsGranule::read_lut() Error reading LUT data for group name F_PREDICTED_LUT
ViirsGranule::initialize_LUT_data() Failure reading LUTs.
ViirsGranule::LUT initialization failure
VcstViirsCal::Granule initialization failure
Main:: Calibration initialization failure

Am I doing it wrong?:confused:

Can anybody guide me about the steps or can share any useful study links?

And one more question, is the installation of dem file is necessary if I use V*.GEO-M_SNPP.nc geo file?

Thanks in advance.

Tags:

gnwiii
Answers: 2

VIIRS L1A to L1B

by gnwiii » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:29 am America/New_York

Try using the full paths for the lines:
dnb_dynamic_lut_file=<** missing path **>/VIIRS_NPP_CAL_DNB_DYNAMIC_LUT_v2.0.0.2_obpg.nc
rsb_dynamic_lut_file=<** missing path **>/VIIRS_NPP_CAL_RSB_DYNAMIC_LUT_v2.0.0.2_obpg.nc

I don't think the big dem files are needed if you use V*.GEO-M_SNPP.nc files, and I'm not sure the new version of the processing software even supports the existing dem files.

alakes
Answers: 0

VIIRS L1A to L1B

by alakes » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:46 am America/New_York

Ooops.... My bad.
But after adding complete path, it didn't work. Finally a OCSSW update solved the problem.
Any way thanks for pointing out the mistake.
Cheers..