Satellite validation matchup tool val_extract issues

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
cmitchell
Answers: 0

by cmitchell » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:48 am America/New_York

No I'm not on a Mac. I'm running ubuntu 16.04 on a virtual machine on a Windows PC.

Tags:

jpsco

by jpsco » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:16 am America/New_York

Hmm, I have a couple ideas that might resolve this issue.

The newest build of OCSSW reorganized things a bit. Therefore, try running: which val_extract
It should point to: ~/seadas-7.4/ocssw/bin/val_extract instead of the old version: ~/seadas-7.4/ocssw/run/bin/linux_64/val_extract

When you ran ~/seadas-7.4/ocssw/run/scripts/install_ocssw.py, the old binaries in the old location will still exist. This is not necessarily a problem, but you will need to update your ENV $PATH variable with the locations of the new binaries: ~/seadas-7.4/ocssw/bin. You likely have an ENV variable called $OCSSWROOT that points to ~/seadas-7.4/ocssw; if so you will just need to run: export PATH=$OCSSWROOT/bin:$PATH

Then try running which val_extract again and it should find ~/seadas-7.4/ocssw/bin/val_extract. If it does, then val_extract version=1 should return:
val_extract=2.6.5
val_extract-main=1.3.1

cmitchell

by cmitchell » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:17 am America/New_York

I partly figured it out. When I ran the install_ocssw.py script at the command-line I'd included --git-branch=v7.4. I ran it again without that option and that seemed to update the val_extract binaries. What I don't understand is why it didn't work when I tried to update through the GUI.

I've still to test out the mk_matchup.py script.