Error when using the Satellite Validation Match-Up Tools

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
guorz
Answers: 0

by guorz » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:08 pm America/New_York

Hi,

I was trying to use the Satellite Validation Match-Up Tools, the fd_matchup.py part, it says

fd_matchup.py: error: missing fields in SeaBASS file. File must contain date/time, date/hour/minute/second, year/month/day/time, OR year/month/day/hour/minute/second

But then I checking my seabass data, it dose have date and time information, as shown below, so why is that?

/start_date=20020930
/end_date=20020930
/start_time=22:00:00[GMT]
/end_time=22:00:00[GMT]

Thanks!

Best,
Ruizhe

Tags:

jpsco

by jpsco » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:33 am America/New_York

Hi,

Thank you for using the satellite-to-in-situ match-up scripts! The error you are seeing is due to the date and time information not appearing in the data matrix section of your SeaBASS file. You are correct that you file has date and time information in the metadata header, but these match-up tools require date and time be present in the data matrix and be identified in the /fields= and /units= headers.

Try executing this command and checking under the --seabass_file description:

> fd_matchup.py -h

You will see there that these tools only support date and time as /fields= entries:

--seabass_file SEABASS_FILE
                              Valid SeaBASS file name
                              File must contain lat,lon,date,time as /field entries OR
                              lat,lon,year,month,day,hour,minute,second as /field entries.

Note any supported SeaBASS combination of fields to express date and time are accepted:
       date/time
       date/hour/minute/second
       year/month/day/time
       OR
       year/month/day/hour/minute/second

Cheers,
Joel

guorz

by guorz » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:31 am America/New_York

Hi,