NASA Ocean Color Reprocessing R2018.0 for MODIS on Terra

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

NASA Ocean Color Reprocessing R2018.0 for MODIS on Terra

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm America/New_York

NASA Ocean Color Data Users:

The Ocean Biology Processing Group is initiating a reprocessing of the oceancolor products from MODIS on Terra. This reprocessing will begin tomorrow (27March 2018), and it should be completed within the coming weeks.  The forwardstream processing was initiated on 23 March 2018.As with the recent MODIS-Aqua reprocessing, there will be no changes to productformats or product algorithms relative to the current R2014.0.2 productdistribution.The purpose of this R2018.0 reprocessing for MODIS-Terra is three-fold:1) incorporate the MODIS Collection 6.1 Level-1 changes:https://modis-atmosphere.gsfc.nasa.gov/ ... ection-612) to incorporate an updated cross-calibration to the R2018.0 reprocessing ofMODIS-Aqua3) to update the vicarious calibration to incorporate recent developments inthe MOBY instrument calibration.Full details on the reprocessing changes and impact will be made available here:https://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/reproc ... erra/prior to the completion of the reprocessing.

Regards,
Sean Bailey and the NASA Ocean Biology Processing Group

Tags:

yorvin
Answers: 0

Re: NASA Ocean Color Reprocessing R2018.0 for MODIS on Terra

by yorvin » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:58 pm America/New_York

Hello
I have a pressing inquiry and would greatly appreciate your assistance. In 2020, I downloaded Kd490 L3 -4 km images from Ocean Color. Regrettably, I lost the images I used during that time, and I now urgently need to retrieve them to conduct some crucial analyses.
Specifically, I am seeking to download the images with the Modis Terra version 2018.0. I am unsure if this is even possible, but if there is any way to obtain these particular images, I would be immensely grateful for your guidance on the matter. I also need Modis-Aqua, VIIRS and SeaWIFS, same version.

Thank you so much for your kind help and support.
Best regards,
Jorvin Z