VIIRS JPSS-1 filtering of QLP, QL and RF products

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
dem1
Answers: 0

by dem1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:21 pm America/New_York

Hi,

We try to download on-the-fly new VIIRS JPSS-1 QLP, QL and RF products (and differentiate them), is there any way to know from an option of the query on-line command file_search if a product is QL or QLP or RF?
For VIIRS SNPP we set up a non-extracted subscription to the QL data to get only QL without QLP, is it possible with VIIRS JPSS-1? (it seems subscriptions for JPSS-1 are not available)
Are there other solutions to my problem?
(Related post for VIIRS SNPP https://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/forum/oceancolor/topic_show.pl?pid=30985#pid30985)

Thanks in advance,
Julien

Tags:

dem1
Answers: 0

by dem1 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:14 am America/New_York

In fact my general needs are to download only new or updated files comparing to my local archive.
After reading of several posts about NRT mirroring maybe I see another solution: I can ask with file_search for the files processed the last days using psdate and use the returned checksum or cdate to detect new files comparing to my local archive and download only them.
Another way could be to try to mirroring with wget or lftp on the Direct Data Access looking for the X last days (X may be several months in case of MODISA RF).
What should be the preferred solution?
With these solutions I no more need subscriptions.

Thanks in advance,
Julien

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:17 pm America/New_York

Julian,

Please do not scrape the direct access pages, while possible, it's not ideal.  The file_search API approach you outlined is appropriate to the task. 
If you are grabbing every file, then yes, there really isn't a need for a subscription.  But if you have a region of interest that is a tad smaller than
the globe, well then subscriptions would still serve you.  No, we don't currently offer subscriptions for VIIRS-JPSS1, but we will (hopefully in the
not-too-distant future) implement subscriptions for it.

Regards,
Sean