kd mueller and Lee et al algorithms

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
namuyanja
Answers: 0

by namuyanja » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:42 am America/New_York

hello
i want to perform time series analysis of kd 490 using kd mueller and Lee et al kd490 algorithms on Modis and VIIRS imagery. i would like to know how to apply these algorithms on the satellite imagery.
thank you.

Tags:

gnwiii
Answers: 2

by gnwiii » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:00 am America/New_York

Are you able to run the OCSSW Processing Software?  If so, the l2gen program provides several Kd_490 algorithms.   Some algorithms have been updated since the orginal publication, so it is best to consult the OCSSW source code.   Look for $OCSSWROOT/ocssw-src/src/l2gen/get_Kd.c.   If not, you can use GPT BandMaths (from NASA SeaDAS 7 or ESA SNAP)  to compute Kd_490 by various algorithms.  See GPT Band Maths Cookbook for examples. If you already know Matlab, Python, or R, you may prefer to implement your own Kd_490 calculation using OBPG level-2 files.  Some examples have been posted in this forum and can be found by searching for "python product.xml".   The "product.xml" file is needed only if you want to use the OBPG tools to generate level-3 time/space binned and mapped files.

namuyanja
Answers: 0

by namuyanja » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:12 am America/New_York

thank you. let me do it