Is the white panel a editor of seadas OCCSW tools?

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
lwk1542
Answers: 0

by lwk1542 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:10 pm America/New_York

Hello,
      Batch processing is necessary for the amount of remote sensing imagery. the developers provide batch processing mode in seadas software package. But I find not an example of this mode. In processing, i find the white panel is an editable region. is this an editor for coding? If so?how to use looping in this editor?
The .img file about this white panel region is there?
https://github.com/lwk1542/seaDAS/blob/master/seadasQuestion.png
thanks,???

Tags:

gnwiii
Answers: 2

by gnwiii » Fri May 24, 2019 6:11 am America/New_York

Batch processing does not require a GUI, and is commonly done using the OCSSW programs (and/or the gpt program) in a shell (e.g., bash) script using a terminal (in practice, large scale batch processing often uses clusters of "headless" systems configured without support for GUI's).  

You can write batch processing shell scripts with any ASCII editor.   You will find it best to spend a few hours learning some basics of the bash shell.  Linux Command is one of many good introductions to the bash shell.    If your batch processing requires non-trivial calculations, you may prefer a more general language such as Python, Matlab (or octave), IDL (or GNU Data Language), etc.  

In addition to NASA's OCSSW software, ESA's Graph Processing Framework batch processing tutorial gives examples for the gpt batch processing tool.   Note that the version of gpt in NASA SeaDAS 7 is older than the version provided by ESA SNAP.  ESA SNAP has added many new operators, and the SNAP GUI has a tool for constructing a processing graph.  In many cases, however, it is easier to just modify an existing graph using an ASCII editor.

lwk1542
Answers: 0

by lwk1542 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:20 am America/New_York

Thank you? Dr. White.
     In most processing, I use the IDL/ENVI and python to achieve my goal. But this? the seadas is necessary. I need to achieve atmospheric correction for MODIS with method embedded in seadas. I tried to code in IDL with the Rayleigh and aerosol look-up table of seadas. however? the accuracy of Rrs is always lower than seadas. Today, I find the GUI is editable as the picture in URI. Interesting!!! If it is a code editor, the parameter setting will be very easy. I wanted to test it?but I don't know the supported program language (python?). Of course, I would find the way you told to achieve my processing goal.
    Thank you, Dr. thanks for your reply and wish you good health!