export a 'geometry'

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
bruce
Answers: 0

export a 'geometry'

by bruce » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:38 am America/New_York

I have an image.  I drew a straight line on it.  I'd like to export the data from that line.  I would assume pixel extraction would be the answer, but it seems to want individual coordinates or a CSV to specify what to extract.  Suggestions?

Tags:

gnwiii
Answers: 2

export a 'geometry'

by gnwiii » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:48 am America/New_York

Have you tried "Tools/Profile Plot" in the SeaDAS 7 GUI?

If your image is mapped you may be able to make a raster layer in QGIS and use the profile tool (see gis.stackexchange).   Many people use GeoTIFF's to generate raster layers, but QGIS can also make raster layers from netcdf files.  In that case you have to use GDAL subdataset notation to specify the file and band (NETCDF:"<filename>":bandname).   You can use gdalinfo to list the bands in your file using the subdataset notation.

bruce

export a 'geometry'

by bruce » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:11 am America/New_York

Ahhh...  Profile plot seems to do the trick.

OB SeaDAS - knowles
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

export a 'geometry'

by OB SeaDAS - knowles » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:48 pm America/New_York

Profile plot is what you want for a line vector.  If for some reason you want to extract pixels of some other vector shape (such as polygon) or ROI (region of interest) masks then you could use the Pixel Extraction tool to do this.  Essentially placing a pin somewhere in the center of the ROI, choosing a huge box size to encompass your region, and then selecting the desired masking criteria. 

Danny