Welcome to the Earthdata Forum! Here, the scientific user community and subject matter experts from NASA Distributed Active Archive Centers (DAACs), and other contributors, discuss research needs, data, and data applications.
Hmm... Following your steps, I was able to replicate the problem. A short term fix is to move the getanc.py call after the modis_GEO.py call - you don't need to run it until you want to do L2 processing..
We'll look into why the att/eph search is now unhappy if done after the ancillary data search. FYI, modis_GEO.py calls modis_atteph.py, which grabs the appropriate att/eph files and both modis_atteph.py and getanc.py use the same local sqlite database.
You can get processing going for files already grabbed by call in modis_atteph.py with --refreshDB, e.g.: $ modis_atteph.py -v A2019240165500.L1A_LAC --refreshDB Sean
by woodbri » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:02 pm America/New_York
FYI, I was using "getanc.py --refreshDB A2019240165000.L0_LAC.L1A" in my script. This might have been doing something to break GEO loading data via modis_atteph.py.
I modified my process-seadas script so it runs "modis_atteph.py -v file.L1A --refreshDB" before modis_GEO.py and then runs "getanc.py --refreashDB file.LIA" after that and that seems to have gotten by the reported problem.
Thank you for the assistance and awesome support you guys provide. -Steve
by gnwiii » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:07 pm America/New_York
Colleagues have been using scripts that download product files and associated ancillary files and process to qkm L1B. When all the L1B files are, done the level-2 processing jobs run in parallel. Internet access is poor, so it is not unusual to have some downloads fail, which could change the order in which modis_atteph.py and getanc.py are run and might explain intermittent failures by modis_GEO.py. If so, the issue has existed for months, maybe a couple years.
I believe I have found (and squashed) the bug. 'Twas in anc_utils.py - which is used by both getanc.py and modis_atteph.py. There was a file check on the local sqlite database that didn't include the anctype in it's call. It now does and seems to have done the trick :grin:
Update and let me know if anything goes awry. (yes, I did test it :wink:)