Primary productivity standard product

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
azuranazrrol
Answers: 0

by azuranazrrol » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:40 pm America/New_York

I am currently conducting research on oceanic primary productivity on the east coast of peninsular Malaysia.
I use VGPM algorithm to get pp values which I change MODIS SST to HYCOM SST. As a result, the VGPM-HYCOM I get two times higher than the original VGPM.
However, when I calculate VGPM manually using ancillary data given in ocean productivity website, I cannot get the same values with VGPM given in standard products. If you have any advice or suggestion on how I can use in my research I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day!
-Azura

Tags:

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:30 pm America/New_York

Azura,

Have you written your own code for the VGPM algorithm, or are you asking about the version used in the l2gen program?
If you have your own code, I would suggest making sure you can replicate the products distributed by the Oregon State group
before making changes

If it's l2gen, you'll need to provide details about your process so we can better assist you.

Sean

azuranazrrol

by azuranazrrol » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:35 pm America/New_York

Sean,

Actually I try to use ancillary data (sst,par,chl) provide by Oregon State group and for the euphotic depth I use L3m from MODIS then I insert them into the VGPM algorithm using ArcGIS. But the output that I get is not the same as the vgpm given by the Oregon State group.

azura

mazharul009

Re: Primary productivity standard product

by mazharul009 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:30 pm America/New_York

Greetings
Can you make a video tutorial for calculating NPP ( VGPM algorithm) by ArcGIS