Consistent grid

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
madjidh
Answers: 0

Consistent grid

by madjidh » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:44 pm America/New_York

Hello,

I was processing some data, and at the end I have an L3M files for each images.
I would like to have them in a consistent grid (let say 1x1 km or 0.01 x 0.01 deg), is there a way to do it with SeaDAS ?
At the moment I'm opening each files with Matlab and interpolating it on my grid, but it's time consuming. I wonder if there is a possibility to do it during the process ? (L1A -> L3M). I'm using L1geo/L1B/L2gen/L2Bin/L3mapgen.

Regards

Tags:

gnwiii
Answers: 2

Consistent grid

by gnwiii » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:01 pm America/New_York

It is much easier for someone to help you if you can provide a small example in a way that is easy for others to reproduce.   Maybe you can give the details for two files that end up with different grids.

Are you getting different resolutions or different geographic regions or both?  You should be able to get the details as text suitable for a forum post using gdalinfo.

What parameters you are using with l3mapgen.  

You can see the available parameters for l3mapgen by running it in a terminal (no arguments or --help).

madjidh
Answers: 0

Consistent grid

by madjidh » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:35 pm America/New_York

Oh I think that I solved my problem. I did a mistake and forgot to add the "\" after the option for l3mapgen, I now have a consistent grid with the north/east etc coordinates.

However, what I mentioned is an option in SNAP, you can give the software a grid (a matrix of lat and lon) in the netcdf format, and specify that you want the processed data to be projected onto this grid, which can be very helpful. It's the reprojection tool.

Cheers