Problem with l2bin applying SWIR atmospheric correction on MODIS Aqua files

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
mahatmafernandes2
Answers: 0

by mahatmafernandes2 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:00 am America/New_York

Hi everyone.

I am trying to process L1A MODIS Aqua files to L3m applying two atmospheric corrections, using NIR and SWIR bands using shell scripts on Linux terminal. I made de L3m with NIR corrections with no problems, but the SWIR processing stops on L2 -> L3b. I do not know whats is happening.

I will attach the NIR and SWIR shell scripts, my custom filter file and the terminal lines during the SWIR processing of one file (This problem occurs in the processing of all my 330 L1A files).
attachment 1

attachment 2

attachment 3

attachment 4

Tags:

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:26 am America/New_York

The binner is not finding any non-flagged pixels to bin.  Have you looked at the input L2 files?  Using SeaDAS, you can apply the flags used in the binning as masks to see how much of the scene is masked - and what is masking.

Sean

mahatmafernandes2
Answers: 0

by mahatmafernandes2 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:58 am America/New_York

Hi Sean.
Thanks for the answer.

In fact, I'm not sure how to do what you suggested. But I removed Rrs_1240 and Rrs_2130 from the L2 products on l2gen function and I could get the L3m files. I can survive without it. I'm not sure if there is a relationship but 1240 and 2130 is the wavelength set by me in aer_wave_short and aer_wave_long parameters on l2gen function.