Data processing

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
madhusmita
Answers: 0

Data processing

by madhusmita » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:38 am America/New_York

Hi all
I have installed SeaDAS 7.5.3 in my system having UBANTU 18.04 LTS. I also have installed OCSSW in SeaDAS.
I want to process the data from level1 to level3.
Can anyone please provide the bash file and any other required scripts to process the data.

Thank you:smile:

Tags:

gnwiii
Answers: 2

Data processing

by gnwiii » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:26 pm America/New_York

The seadas benchmark provides a bash script and some test data.  The benchmark processes a level 0 file up to an SMI image.   Unfortunately, the bash script is outdated as it uses hdf files and smigen.  The changes are at the level of "an exercise left to the reader".  Making the changes requires consulting the Help menu in the GUI and using the command-line help (most commands will print a help message when run with no arguments or with "--help").

You can also process individual files using the GUI.  The GUI is useful when exploring the impact of various options or generating a new product for the first time, but tedious if you want to process more than a few files the same way.  The GUI also provides access to the $OCSSWROOT/scripts/multilevel_processor.py which has limitations but is very useful on the command line if your project doesn't bump into one of the limitations.

madhusmita
Answers: 0

Data processing

by madhusmita » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:04 am America/New_York

Thank you so much for your help.