OCSSW Initialization Warning

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
jianke
Answers: 0

by jianke » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:14 pm America/New_York

Hi, I just installed SeaDAS 7.5.3. When I launched it, it has this message on the window "OCSSW Initialization Warning: Remote server is down. OCSSW is not accesible. Please start OCSSW remote server". I wonder if I did something wrong.

Thanks,
Jianke

Tags:

gnwiii
Answers: 2

by gnwiii » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:48 pm America/New_York

I've never seen that for a fresh install (and I've done many installs on assorted linux distros, Windows, and macOS), so I'm guessing either some configuration files left from a previous install were used, or perhaps someone at NASA was playing with their time machine and you ended up with a new feature from the future.

You don't mention your platform.   Have you previously used an OCSSW server on your system?   Normally, a fresh install of the SeaDAS GUI does not include the OCSSW software, which only runs on linux and macOS.   On windows there is client-server access to OCSSW software (which may be a separate linux or macOS box, a virtual machine, or WSL[2] linux).   You could check your seadas.config for settings related to the client-server setup.  

On linux using "sudo" for the install you might be seeing an old seadas.config from the "root" user.   Normally SeaDAS should be installed without using "sudo" so each user has an independent installation.

jianke
Answers: 0

by jianke » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:32 am America/New_York

Thanks for the info. It's on windows 7. A screen shot is attached here.