SST subscription issues

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
khyde
Answers: 0

SST subscription issues

by khyde » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:37 pm America/New_York

Hello,

I am having problems getting data from my SST subscriptions (1147 and 1148).  The command below works for my OC subscriptions (1689, 1690 and 2297), but if I do the same for either of the SST subscriptions, the list of files is blank.  Is there something I need to do differently for the SST subscriptions compared to the OC?

wget --tries=3 --post-data="subID=1689&results_as_file=1&cksum=1&std_only=1" -O - https://oceandata.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/api/file_search.cgi > FILELIST_CHECKSUMS.txt | wget --load-cookies ~/.urs_cookies --save-cookies ~/.urs_cookies --auth-no-challenge=on --no-check-certificate --content-disposition -i -

Thank you for your assistance,
Kim

Tags:

OB ODPS - jgwilding
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

SST subscription issues

by OB ODPS - jgwilding » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:48 pm America/New_York

Hi Kim.

If you run the first part of the command separately, you should get a list of checksums and L1A files.  You are using both -O - (which redirects to stdout) and the > FILELIST_CHECKSUMS.txt

You can put 2> /dev/null at the end to just see the checksums and file names.  I see about 30 of them.

For the second segment of your command to work, you need to remove the "cksum=1" parameter from the post-data and add the "addurl=1" parameter.  You won't need the redirection (> FILELIST_CHECKSUMS.txt)

wget --tries=3 --post-data="subID=1689&results_as_file=1&addurl=1&std_only=1" -O - https://oceandata.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/api/file_search.cgi  | wget --load-cookies ~/.urs_cookies --save-cookies ~/.urs_cookies --auth-no-challenge=on --no-check-certificate --content-disposition -i -

Give that a try.

john

OB ODPS - jgwilding
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

SST subscription issues

by OB ODPS - jgwilding » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:11 pm America/New_York

Kim,

Sorry, i had to edit my reply a couple of times as i noticed a couple of other things with your command that needed to be changed.  I tested the command in my latest reply, and it downloaded 31 files as of 15:10 EDT.

john

khyde

SST subscription issues

by khyde » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:37 pm America/New_York

Hello John,

Thank you for your reply, but the issue I am having is that I can not get my command (or yours) to work for subscriptions 1147 or 1148.  It works fine for my OC subscriptions (1689, 1690 and 2297), but not the SST.   Also, right now I'm not trying to download the files, but just get the list of files and the checksum values so that I can compare them to the files I have downloaded previously.

When I run the wget command with 1147 or 1148, the only output I get is: "No URLs found in -."

Thanks,
Kim

OB ODPS - jgwilding
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

SST subscription issues

by OB ODPS - jgwilding » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:43 pm America/New_York

Kim,

Sorry for misunderstanding.  Those two subscriptions are for refined data, and there is a significant delay for that.  According to our DB, the last-match for them is 2020-09-21 06:48 ETD.  The ancillary data the processing is waiting for should arrive in a couple of days, and that will release the refined processing, and you should see a bunch of matches.

john

khyde

SST subscription issues

by khyde » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:33 pm America/New_York

Thanks John,
I just assumed the refined processing would still have rolling updates so that there would be some files available.  I will keep an eye out for them. 
Kim

OB ODPS - towens
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

SST subscription issues

by OB ODPS - towens » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:59 pm America/New_York

The refined ancillary data for September 2020 are being published this afternoon, so our next batch of refined SST products will be available shortly.

Tommy