32 bit planetary ephemeris update related to MODIS Geolocation Issue (December 2020)

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
obdaac_forum_user
Answers: 0

32 bit planetary ephemeris update related to MODIS Geolocation Issue (December 2020)

by obdaac_forum_user » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:16 am America/New_York

I read that, in order to solve the issue in the subject, Ocean Data provided new de200.eos files valid for 64 bit Linux and MacOS systems at:

https://oceandata.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/ocssw/de200.eos

I have a 32 bit linux system to process MODIS raw data. Are also available those updated files for this kind of system?

All the best,

Giovanni

Tags:

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:19 am America/New_York

Giovanni,
We are planning a beta release of SeaDAS 8 soon.  With that release, the updated SDPTK library will be included.  That library includes the ephtobin code that converts the planetary ephemeris file from ASCII to the binary format required by the MODIS geolocation code.  You will have to compile and run this code locally to generate a 32bit compatible de200.eos file.

Regards
Sean

obdaac_forum_user
Answers: 0

by obdaac_forum_user » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:35 am America/New_York

Thank you for the information!

I will look forward to get any further news about this topic

Giovanni