Fail processing l2gen for JPSS

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
megasaputra8
Answers: 0

by megasaputra8 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:06 am America/New_York

I run l2gen for JPSS. I have updated data processor for JPSS. The file is in : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjXAWS5maHffhyu6DmUAGwxoJaJq?e=Glvmug.
I put these file in a folder. Then I input SVM01. After that I input GMTCO. In this step, I don't see an error in SeaDAS. Then I choose chlor_a and sst.
Then I run.
The result is :
Using  868.0 nm channel for cloud flagging over water.
Using  411.0 nm channel for cloud flagging over land.

Processing scan #     0 (1 of 1536) after      0 seconds
Aerosol selection bands 746 and 868
NIR correction enabled.
chl_hu: using  445.00  556.00  667.00

Loading SSES table from /home/mega/seadas-7.5.3/ocssw/share/viirs/npp/cal/sst_sses_viirsn.v6.4.1.gt100counts.hdf
-E- /home/seadas/ocssw/src/l2gen/sst.c line 869: Table dimensions for bias do not match expectation.

So, how to solve this?

Tags:

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:23 am America/New_York

SST processing for VIIRS on NOAA-20 (JPSS1) is unsupported in l2gen.  When we initially added support for VIIRS on NOAA-20, we assumed SST processing would be supported, but we did not have the sensor specific coefficient tables, we put the SNPP tables in the defaults file as a place holder.  You'll notice that in the log message:

> Loading SSES table from /home/mega/seadas-7.5.3/ocssw/share/viirs/npp/cal/sst_sses_viirsn.v6.4.1.gt100counts.hdf

With the recent reprocessing of SST, the format of the tables was changed, but we did not update the defaults file as, well, SST process isn't supported for this sensor.

IF you desire it, you can simply use the new tables for SNPP - look in the $OCDATAROOT/viirs/npp/msl12_defaults.par file and copy the sstcoeffile (and if you want the triple-band product, sst3coeffile) entries to the $OCDATAROOT/viirs/j1/msl12_defaults.parfile....but I wouldn't publish anything based on those results...as, again, it's not supported.

Regards,
Sean

megasaputra8
Answers: 0

by megasaputra8 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:35 pm America/New_York

Ok thank you for your information. I will use other software to process SST.