Datasets of global/regional annual Extreme Weather occurrences?

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
corydinkle
Answers: 0

Datasets of global/regional annual Extreme Weather occurrences?

by corydinkle » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:45 pm America/New_York

Hello! I am trying to find datasets (preferably Excel or CSV) that have the number of extreme weather occurrences that happen each year, going back as far as possible. For example, a dataset that has the number of wildfires that occurred worldwide every year, from present to 1900. Extreme weather occurrences that I am interested in are (any or all):

Wildfires
Hurricanes
Earthquakes
Floods
Tornados
Volcano Eruptions

I've tried looking on this website, but I am having a truly difficult time knowing how to use the menus or what terms to search for. Any help at all, links or suggestions, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance.

Tags:

ASDC - cheyenne.e.land
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: Datasets of global/regional annual Extreme Weather occurrences?

by ASDC - cheyenne.e.land » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:06 pm America/New_York

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in NASA data, a Subject Matter expert has been notified and will answer your question soon.

ASDC - cheyenne.e.land
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: Datasets of global/regional annual Extreme Weather occurrences?

by ASDC - cheyenne.e.land » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:58 pm America/New_York

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while we were resolving your issue. You can take a look at NASA's Disasters Data Pathfinder which includes cyclones, earthquakes and volcanoes, extreme heat, floods, landslides and wildfires.
https://earthdata.nasa.gov/learn/pathfinders/disasters

You can also check out NOAA's Storm Events Database where you can download data of significant storms and other phenomena dating back to 1950 as a CSV file.
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/stormevents/

Let me know if you have any more questions, and once again thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards,
Cheyenne