SAGE III/ISS Data File Formats

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
ASDC - joseph.f.koch
User Services
User Services
Answers: 2

SAGE III/ISS Data File Formats

by ASDC - joseph.f.koch » Wed May 19, 2021 11:36 am America/New_York

Hello,

I am trying to download the data files for the SAGE III/ISS L2 Solar Event Species Profiles (HDF-EOS) V051, and the links that it gave me to download are giving me a .10 file type, which doesn't seem useful to me, as I assumed they would be HDF or something like that.

Any help here?

Thanks!
by ASDC - joseph.f.koch » Wed May 19, 2021 11:41 am America/New_York
The files are HDF as advertised and can be read as such.

The user is referring to a file name like this: “g3b.ssp.02703920v05.10”

The “.10” at the end of the filename is part of the version suffix “v05.10” and should not be interpreted as a file extension.

v5.2 will continue to use this file naming convention (a holdover from SAGE III/Meteor). We understand it can be confusing and are planning to adopt the standard file extension practice in a future version.

Please reference the SAGE III/ISS Data Products User's Guide https://asdc.larc.nasa.gov/documents/sa ... 3B-2-0.pdf for more information.

Thanks,
ASDC User Services
Go to full post

Tags:

ASDC - joseph.f.koch
User Services
User Services
Answers: 2

Re: SAGE III/ISS Data File Formats

by ASDC - joseph.f.koch » Wed May 19, 2021 11:41 am America/New_York

The files are HDF as advertised and can be read as such.

The user is referring to a file name like this: “g3b.ssp.02703920v05.10”

The “.10” at the end of the filename is part of the version suffix “v05.10” and should not be interpreted as a file extension.

v5.2 will continue to use this file naming convention (a holdover from SAGE III/Meteor). We understand it can be confusing and are planning to adopt the standard file extension practice in a future version.

Please reference the SAGE III/ISS Data Products User's Guide https://asdc.larc.nasa.gov/documents/sa ... 3B-2-0.pdf for more information.

Thanks,
ASDC User Services