Problem downloading chlorophyll data

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
thiagomonteiro
Answers: 0

Problem downloading chlorophyll data

by thiagomonteiro » Wed May 26, 2021 2:24 pm America/New_York

I have been trying to download monthly chlorophyll data through the Giovani platform, where before I obtained this data in .nc/.txt all compiled for a certain period (e.g., 2002-2019). However, I am unable to access this data. I received some emails and after registering on the platform, I had access to the order (900062aa67a9096a), but I can't download the .tar file, which seems to me to be a compilation of all the monthly files for the period I requested. When I try to download the .tar file, a window appears with the message "OceanColor Biology Processing Group (OBPG). We are sorry, but an error has occurred. Please use the back button to return to the previous page"

Please, can you let me know what is going on? Also, is it possible to download all the monthly chlorophyll data compiled in a single file, for a specific region?

Tags:

OB ODPS - jgwilding
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 0

Re: Problem downloading chlorophyll data

by OB ODPS - jgwilding » Wed May 26, 2021 2:56 pm America/New_York

Try this link.

It should download the single tar file for your order.

john

GES DISC - jimacker
User Services
User Services
Answers: 3

Re: Problem downloading chlorophyll data

by GES DISC - jimacker » Wed May 26, 2021 3:32 pm America/New_York

Hello,
It appears to me that you have two data ordering methods combined together. Giovanni does not provide downloaded files as a .tar file; and it does not have an order number. So I believe that you created an order with the OBPG data system.

Giovanni does provide output as .nc files. CSV format is only available for time-series data.

If you create an animation in Giovanni, which can be done with monthly files, you can also download a list of URLs that will allow you to download the processed files which were used to create the animation, which includes the subsetted region.