Blosc compression data

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
jeceniceros
Answers: 0

Blosc compression data

by jeceniceros » Fri May 28, 2021 12:31 pm America/New_York

I am currently attempting to open and analyze L2 NetCDF VIIRS satellite imagery. The issue is that this data is using a BLOSC compression. I am using SeaDAS V.7.5.3. on a Windows 10.

If there is any blosc library or extension that I might be able to use or another version of the software that is compatible with Blosc compressed data? Any information or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Tags:

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: Blosc compression data

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Fri May 28, 2021 12:48 pm America/New_York

You'll need to be a bit more specific about what you are doing. The L2 VIIRS netCDF files distributed by the OB.DAAC do not use BLOSC compression and SeaDAS reads them.

Sean

jeceniceros
Answers: 0

by jeceniceros » Fri May 28, 2021 1:24 pm America/New_York

Correct, the L2-P VIIRS data I'm working with were obtained internally from NOAA NESDIS, not from the OB.DAAC repository. This data will be used for sea surface research affiliated with NOAA's Center for Satelite Applications and Research. The traditional L2 VIIRS data from OB.DAAC has worked perfectly, but it's this new data with additional bands that I need to analyze. Again, thank you for your help and time.

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:16 am America/New_York

Sorry, we have never seen these products nor have we any experience with BLOSC compression. You may need to inquire with the product creator for help reading these files.

Sean