redirected you too many times

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
earthsound
Answers: 0

redirected you too many times

by earthsound » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:16 pm America/New_York

I'm using a python code with multi-processes to download MYD08(modis water vapor data) . At beginning the downloading is smooth. But a couple days ago, an error raises: " raise TooManyRedirects('Exceeded %s redirects.' % self.max_redirects, response=resp) requests.exceptions.TooManyRedirects: Exceeded 30 redirects."
I started 3 processes.

when I use the edge browse to download it directly, I get "ladsweb.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov redirected you too many times."

So , how to fix the problem? Thanks and Best wishes

Tags:

pankajb64
Answers: 0

Re: redirected you too many times

by pankajb64 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:34 am America/New_York

I'm facing the same problem. Any help is appreciated.

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:28 pm America/New_York

That might be due to using an incorrect authorization key. The download redirects are being caused because your authentication is failing and it keeps asking you to login again.
Try again after getting a new ladsweb key. To get a new key login to any ladsweb page using the "Profiles->Login" menu at the top right of any ladsweb page. Then select "Profiles->Generate Token". Use the key that is then displayed, for your downloads.
Regards,
LAADS User Services

To receive news from LAADS DAAC direct to your inbox, email laadsdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov with “subscribe” in the subject line.

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:53 pm America/New_York

After more investigation we found out that it might be a bug on our side. We have reported it to the appropriate developers. We'll let you know when we have a resolution.
Regards,
LAADS User Services

To receive news from LAADS DAAC direct to your inbox, email laadsdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov with “subscribe” in the subject line.

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:51 am America/New_York

It looks like this has been fixed. Please let us know if you still see this or other issues related to logins.
Regards,
LAADS User Services