subscription

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
mkahru
Answers: 0

subscription

by mkahru » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:03 am America/New_York

Can I have a data subscription to extract a region from standard L2 files (OC and 11um SST) as .nc files without any mapped PNG files?

Tags:

OB WebDev - masoudso
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Re: subscription

by OB WebDev - masoudso » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:10 pm America/New_York

Hello,
After selecting the sensors, please select level 2 under 'NetCDF/HDF Data Files', and choose Extract data to region under 'Options'. You will also need to deselect the options under 'Extracted Map Images (PNG).

Thanks,
Masoud

mkahru

by mkahru » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:19 am America/New_York

I am just trying to extract L2 data of my region CALIFORNIACURRENT but still need to specify map width (I set to 6000 but that should not apply). I get:
Something went wrong creating subscription(s).ARRAY(0x5599ad47f0c0) 2021-06-29 2021-07-10 MODIS-Aqua 270 mkahru@ucsd.edu

OB WebDev - masoudso
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB WebDev - masoudso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:54 am America/New_York

After clicking on Extract data to region in the steps that I mentioned earlier, you will need to click on Level 2 checkboxes under NetCDF/HDF Data Files before submitting your request.
Those checkboxes are disabled by default, but once 'Extract data to region' is selected, they become available.
Please see the attached image.
Attachments
subscription.png
subscription.png (22 KiB) Not viewed yet

mkahru

by mkahru » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:03 pm America/New_York

Thanks but the extracted files are different from the standard L2 files. The attributes are different (version = unknown!), additional datasets (nLw in addition to Rrs). Is it possible to subscribe and get the standard L2 files?

OB ODPS - jgwilding
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB ODPS - jgwilding » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:33 pm America/New_York

Yes, the L2 products made for extracted subscriptions have a different set of products to be able to support all of the different mapped products we offer. To get the standard L2 product, you would currently need to create non-extracted subscriptions, one for the OC and one for the SST, download those files regularly from our system, and then run the l2extract utility (packaged with SeaDAS) on them.

We are planning to provide support for that function through our subscription service in the future.

Regards,
john