OCSSW: Remote Server is Down

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
dbe2385
Answers: 0

OCSSW: Remote Server is Down

by dbe2385 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:04 pm America/New_York

I have installed Seadas 8.1.0 on my Windows 10 computer, but when I try to access OCSSW on the Seadas software, I get a message that reads 'Remote server is down. OCSSW is not accessible. Please start ocssw remote server.'

Could someone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks

Tags:

gnwiii
Answers: 2

Re: OCSSW: Remote Server is Down

by gnwiii » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:15 am America/New_York

Keep reading the section on "Processing Programs and Source Code" at "https://seadas.gsfc.nasa.gov/downloads":

"To process SeaDAS OCSSW in Windows see the client/server model model. (Note: previous SeaDAS version 8.0.0 did not support Windows processing but the current SeaDAS version 8.1.0 does support Windows processing)."

This means your Windows SeaDAS 8.1 is the client and sends instructions to the server, which can run on a separate system (linux of macOS), a virtual machine
hosted on Windows, or Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).

Windows users have to install the processing software and then configure the "OCSSW Remote Server". Note that WSL gives you a command-line, so you need to follow "Manual installation" procedure. If you have never used linux, you should plan to spend some time learning some basic linux command-line procedures so that you understand the steps described in the manual procedure.