(Log file directory is not accessible to write) Install Seadas 8.1.0, WSL, Windows 10, OCSSW

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
gnwiii
Answers: 2

Re: (Log file directory is not accessible to write) Install Seadas 8.1.0, WSL, Windows 10, OCSSW

by gnwiii » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:12 pm America/New_York

negri wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:29 pm America/New_York Thank you for the information!
Ok, WSL2 works as a virtual machine.
Sorry but I didn't understand what I have to do right now.
When you say "I have the OCSSW software (tag 2021.2 ) running in an Ubuntu 20.04 VM (hosted on linux)", how I find "tag 2021.2" ?
I have to Install Oracle VirtualBox from https://www.virtualbox.org/ ? even having installed WSL2 ?
From your questions, I assume you don't have both Windows and Linux experience, so you should stick with the
"well trodden path" and convert your WSL2 installation to WSL1. Also "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... e-versions" suggests WSL1 is preferred when "Your project files must be stored in the Windows file system. WSL 1 offers faster access to files mounted from Windows."

The "tag" is needed to specify the OCSSW version, see: "https://seadas.gsfc.nasa.gov/downloads/". This page shows how to install the OCSSW Software using a GUI or the command-line. I assume the GUI install requires a SeaDAS GUI running on linux or macOS, so you will need the "Manual installation". This works in either WSL1 or WSL2 terminal.
negri wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:29 pm America/New_York I already did:
2. Configure the Virtual or Real Machine
3. Deploy the OCSSW Web Services Package
4. SeaDAS Client Configuration
But I have not installed the OCSSW in the ubuntu yet.
Step 5) convert WSL2 to WSL1 (this will take a long time)

Step 6) Put your EarthData Login credentials in a "~/.netrc" file in WSL. The EarthData documents explain this: "https://wiki.earthdata.nasa.gov/display ... L+And+Wget".

Step 7) install OCSSW system in WSL

The "downloads" page mentions some requirements: bash, python, git, and curl. You may need to install git and curl using the Ubuntu command line (see: "https://opensource.com/article/18/8/how ... mmand-line").

Don't overlook the "Command-line Configuration Step" (after editing "~/.bashrc", run "source ~/.bashrc" to configure the current terminal session).

Step 6) Verify that the OCSSW package is working using the "benchmark" package:

Code: Select all

$ ./install_ocssw --install_dir=$HOME/ocssw --tag V2021.2 –-benchmark
$ cd $OCSSWROOT/benchmark
$ ./seadas_benchmark.bash

Tags:

negri
Answers: 0

Re: (Log file directory is not accessible to write) Install Seadas 8.1.0, WSL, Windows 10, OCSSW

by negri » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:35 pm America/New_York

After spending a period of time doing other activities that could not be postponed, I return now to proceed with Seadas installation.
Please, consider that the following steps was done.
Step 5) convert WSL2 to WSL1.
Ok
Step 6) Put your EarthData Login credentials in a "~/.netrc" file in WSL.
Ok
Step 7) install OCSSW system in WSL.
Ok
Step 6) Verify that the OCSSW package is working using the "benchmark" package.
OK

Now, when I try to start OCSSW Server ($ java -Xmx4G -jar seadas-ocsswserver.jar ocsswserver.config), the following message shows up:
java.sql.SQLException: opening db: 'ocssw.db': Permission denied

Please, any ideas on what's going on ?

OB SeaDAS - aynur
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB SeaDAS - aynur » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:04 am America/New_York

Please delete the ocssw.db file and start the server again. It seems the file is corrupted.

Aynur

negri

by negri » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:01 pm America/New_York

It seems that the file "ocssw.db" does not exist, because
when I use the command:
find . -name "ocssw.db"
I have no return.
Please, could you tell me which folder the file "ocssw.db" is supposed to be in?

OB SeaDAS - aynur
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB SeaDAS - aynur » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:56 am America/New_York

ocssw.db should be in the same folder with the seadas-ocsswserver.jar file. It doesn't come with the installation. It's first created after you execute the jar file.

gnwiii
Answers: 2

by gnwiii » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:02 am America/New_York

negri wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:01 pm America/New_York It seems that the file "ocssw.db" does not exist, because
when I use the command:
find . -name "ocssw.db"
I have no return.
Please, could you tell me which folder the file "ocssw.db" is supposed to be in?
Check the permissions for the directory tree you are using. Note that some Java apps work with the full pathnames of files, so lack of read access to parent directories or "unusual" (spaces, unicode "look-alike") characters in directory names sometimes cause problems.

negri

by negri » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:19 pm America/New_York

Hi, please, I set the home permissions: 777 (it worked!)

Now when I go to the SeaDAS-OCSSW and choose l2gen processor the message "Remote server is down. OCSSW is not accessible. Please start OCSSW remote server"

Please, see the Seadas/System Information:

Main Application Platform:
Application Version: SeaDAS 8.1.0
Installation Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaDAS
Data Directory: C:\Users\negri\.seadas8
Configuration: C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaDAS\etc\snap.properties
WARNING!! File 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaDAS\etc\snap.properties' does not exist
Configuration2: C:\Users\negri\.seadas8\etc\snap.properties
VM Configuration: C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaDAS\bin\pconvert.vmoptions
WARNING!! File 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaDAS\bin\pconvert.vmoptions' does not exist
VM Configuration (gpt): C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaDAS\bin\gpt.vmoptions
WARNING!! File 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaDAS\bin\gpt.vmoptions' does not exist
Desktop Specification Version: 8.0.3
Engine Specification Version: 8.0.3
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_201-b09
JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM by Oracle Corporation
Memory: 3641 MiB

OCSSWROOT (Java Env): null

Python3 Directory:
/usr/bin/python3

SeaDAS Toolbox:
SeaDAS Toolbox Specification Version: 1.1.0
Configuration: C:\Users\negri\.seadas8\etc\seadas.properties
OCSSW Root Directory: null
OCSSW Log Directory: C:\Users\negri\seadasClientServerShared
OCSSW Location: virtualMachine
Environment {$OCSSWROOT} (external): null

-----------------------------------------------

NASA Science Processing (OCSSW):
Warning! Processers not installed

General System and Software:
Operating System: Windows 10 10.0
Java Version: 1.8.0_201

OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

by OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:39 am America/New_York

Are you able to start OCSSW Server ($ java -Xmx4G -jar seadas-ocsswserver.jar ocsswserver.config)?

Have you done step 8) Verify that the OCSSW package is working using the "benchmark" package?

Code: Select all

$ ./install_ocssw --install_dir=$HOME/ocssw --tag V2021.2 –-benchmark
$ cd $OCSSWROOT/benchmark
$ ./seadas_benchmark.bash

negri

by negri » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:06 pm America/New_York

Hi, in relation to your questions
1) "Are you able to start OCSSW Server ($ java -Xmx4G -jar seadas-ocsswserver.jar ocsswserver.config)?"
yes! it's seems ok.
but when I start OCSSW Server, the message below shows up:
WARNING: A provider java.io.InputStream registered in SERVER runtime does not implement any provider interfaces applicable in the SERVER runtime. Due to constraint configuration problems the provider java.io.InputStream will be ignored.
Sep 28, 2021 1:59:40 PM org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.NetworkListener start
INFO: Started listener bound to [0.0.0.0:6400]
Sep 28, 2021 1:59:40 PM org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.HttpServer start
INFO: [HttpServer] Started.
Jersey new app started with WADL available at http://0.0.0.0:6400/ocsswws/application.wadl
Press 'Ctrl' + 'C' to stop it...

2) "Have you done step 8) Verify that the OCSSW package is working using the "benchmark" package?"
yes! the OCSSW package is working !!!

negri

by negri » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:47 pm America/New_York

Hi, good news.
The SeaDAS-OCSSW l2gen is running, it seems ok!
But when I choose the sentinel3-OLCI file, the following message show up:

# PRIMARY INPUT OUTPUT FIELDS
ifile=C:\Negri\imagens Sentinel\S3A_OL_1_EFR____20181211T121841_20181211T122141_20181212T171629_0180_039_066_3420_LN1_O_NT_002.SEN3\xfdumanifest.xml
# WARNING!!! Mission directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaDAS\negri\ocssw\share\olci' does not exist

Then I go to the "Install/Update OCSSW" and the Sentinel3-OLCI and Sentinel2-MSI sensors are not listed in the box Mission Data.
Please, how could I have those both sensors installed ?