How to download DAILY MODIS/AQUA (AOD) data for a WHOLE YEAR all at once?

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
raisa94
Answers: 0

How to download DAILY MODIS/AQUA (AOD) data for a WHOLE YEAR all at once?

by raisa94 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:50 am America/New_York

Hi, I would like to know, how I can download AQUA/MODIS data for AOD, Daily for a Whole Year all at once? Since, it is taking me ample of time to download it day by day!

I would appreciate who can help me solve this issue.

N.B. I attached a screenshot from where I am trying to download this data.

Thanks,
Raisa
Attachments
MODIS AQUA_AOD.JPG
MODIS AQUA_AOD.JPG (253.18 KiB) Not viewed yet

Tags:

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: How to download DAILY MODIS/AQUA (AOD) data for a WHOLE YEAR all at once?

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:47 pm America/New_York

Dear Raisa:
From the screen shot you sent it seems that you are trying to download MYD04_L2 - MODIS/Aqua Aerosol 5-Min L2 Swath 10km data. For this, you can use LAADS web search and order interface to order AQUA/MODIS AOD data. The LAADS web interface provides post processing service that allow user to perform spatial and parameter subsetting along with other options, see LAADS web tutorial for more information at: https://ladsweb.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/learn/tutorials/
The most efficient way for you to proceed would be to place medium sized orders -- maybe three to four months at a time per order (keeping number of files per order less than 2000, which is a limit per order), and generate orders for one year. You can use the following URL for search and order:
https://ladsweb.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/ ... D04_L2--61

You may also automate search and order process by using LAADS Web Service (LWS) and by writing simple perl scripts. You can find this option at https://ladsweb.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/ ... -services/ under "in-house APIs". Here, under "LWS Classic"/"Quick Start Guide" you can find information on how to write script to search and order files with examples of perl scripts.

Best,
LAADS Users Services
Regards,
LAADS User Services

To receive news from LAADS DAAC direct to your inbox, email laadsdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov with “subscribe” in the subject line.

raisa94
Answers: 0

by raisa94 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:34 am America/New_York

Thanks a lot for your help!

Is there an example Python code that I could follow? Because I am new to Python, a sample code to get this data would be really helpful.

Kind regrads,
Raisa

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:16 am America/New_York

Regards,
LAADS User Services

To receive news from LAADS DAAC direct to your inbox, email laadsdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov with “subscribe” in the subject line.