EOFException io Error on GDS service

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
sharrison14
Answers: 0

EOFException io Error on GDS service

by sharrison14 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:41 pm America/New_York

Hello,

I am trying to download windspeed data using the instructions found here: https://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/information/howto?title=How%20to%20Download%20Hourly%20MERRA-2%20Time%20Series%20at%20a%20Single%20Point

Using any of the examples in that post, I get the following error. This was working in the morning, but the same URLs are now giving an error. Is this a silly user error or is there some sort out outage on the system?

Sincerely,
Sam

The server could not fulfill this request:
https://goldsmr4.gesdisc.eosdis.nasa.gov/dods/M2TMNXSLV.ascii?u50m[0:455][272][123]

because of the following error:

io error during data send: class java.io.EOFException: null

Tags:

GES DISC - jimacker
User Services
User Services
Answers: 3

Re: EOFException io Error on GDS service

by GES DISC - jimacker » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:13 pm America/New_York

Hello. We regret that this question has not been answered. First we would like to find out if you were able to find a solution to the error state, or if it was resolved by our system.

sharrison14
Answers: 0

by sharrison14 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:22 pm America/New_York

Hello! I never found an answer, but the issue went away after about 90 minutes, and the URL accessed returned to how it was working before. I got the same error again for a little while the next day, and similarly, after a little while it went away.

Sincerely,
Sam

GES DISC - jimacker
User Services
User Services
Answers: 3

by GES DISC - jimacker » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:37 pm America/New_York

Thank you for your reply. If you encounter an error like this in the future, please notify our Help Desk for more immediate action, and also so we may be able to diagnose the cause.