BDS observation data download

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
zhw_123
Answers: 0

BDS observation data download

by zhw_123 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:12 am America/New_York

In the RINEX 3 format meaning, it says that CO represents the BDS observation data. However, I cannot find the BDS-3 satellite observation data in CDDIS. For example, I find the observation data in 1, January 2021:https://cddis.nasa.gov/archive/gnss/dat ... 1/001/21o/
There is only one RINEX 3.04 file for one station (twtf). What about the other stations?
And in this file, only two BDS-3 satellites (C27,C37) are included, what about the other BDS-3 satellites?
For those two BDS-3 satellites, only one frequency data is observed, what about the other frequency like C7I?

Where can I find the observation data for BDS-3 staellites?

Tags:

ASDC - ingridgs
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: BDS observation data download

by ASDC - ingridgs » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:16 pm America/New_York

Thank you for your question. A Subject Matter Expert has been notified and will answer your question shortly. Please stand by!

CDDIS_support_Lori
User Services
User Services
Answers: 0

Re: BDS observation data download

by CDDIS_support_Lori » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:07 pm America/New_York

CDDIS and the other data centers only archive mixed observation data files. While it is possible to have single observations files, almost all new receivers are multi-constellation and produce mixed observation files – which are also the most useful.

CDDIS is not able to answer which BDS satellites are tracked by certain stations. That would have to be a question to the IGS or the station operators.