Problem Downloading 36 years Climate Data using the POWER Regional Data Access

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
wubak
Answers: 0

Problem Downloading 36 years Climate Data using the POWER Regional Data Access

by wubak » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:13 pm America/New_York

First of all, thank you very much for the awesome work you are doing, it has been very useful for research work in Data scarce regions like Africa.

I have been trying to download daily Precipitation, Temperature, Relative Humidity, Wind and Solar Agroclimatology data from Jan 1984 to Dec 2020 over the region 6.01783, -2.7769, 7.76832, -1.7002 in a CSV format but I keep getting the notification ' Invalid input specified: please specify a a Date range of less then or equal to 366 days.'. The only Date range that seems to be working for me is Jan 2020 to April 2020. Meanwhile, I have previously downloaded Precipitation data from 1981 to 2020 and didn't encounter this problem.

I would be very grateful if you could help me resolve this problem. Thank you for your time.

Tags:

ASDC - ingridgs
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: Problem Downloading 36 years Climate Data using the POWER Regional Data Access

by ASDC - ingridgs » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:19 pm America/New_York

Dear user,

I was not able to replicate your issue.
When entering all of your parameters in the "POWER Access Viewer", I was able to obtain the CSV file.
https://power.larc.nasa.gov/data-access-viewer/
However, since the tool limits the search to 20 parameters at a time, I selected the agroclimatology parameters in a second search.

Please let us know if this solution helps,

wubak
Answers: 0

Re: Problem Downloading 36 years Climate Data using the POWER Regional Data Access

by wubak » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:31 pm America/New_York

Thank you for your answer.

My problem was with the Regional data access as indicated in my earlier post.

But I have since found out that the regional data access has a limit of 366 days. Since I intend to use it in a SWAT model which requires grid data, I have decided to form my own grid and download the point data at the nodes.

Thank you once again.