Problem downloading some MODIS Terra PAR files

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
spartanen
Answers: 0

Problem downloading some MODIS Terra PAR files

by spartanen » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:07 am America/New_York

Hello,

I am trying to download some MODIS Terra PAR files using Direct Data Access https://oceandata.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov. (/directaccess/MODIS-Terra/Mapped/Monthly/4km/par/). The files I'm downloading are for 2011 and 2012, but when I click the links for January 2012 (T20120012012031.L3m_MO_PAR_par_4km.nc) and April 2011 (T20110912011120.L3m_MO_PAR_par_4km.nc) I get error pages (Purple page, says "ERROR Ocean Biology Distributed Active Archive Center (OB.DAAC) We are sorry, but an error has occurred. Please use the back button to return to the previous page.")
I am able to download the rest of the files for both years without any issue. I'm wondering if these files are for some reason not available, or if I should start searching for a problem on my end.

Thanks very much for your help!

Sarah

Tags:

OB.DAAC - amscott
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: Problem downloading some MODIS Terra PAR files

by OB.DAAC - amscott » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:26 am America/New_York

Hi Sarah,

From what you have written, it doesn't appear that you are doing anything wrong. I was able to replicate your issue earlier this morning for one of the files, but I seem to be able to download both files now. Can you try again and let us know if you are still having issues.

spartanen
Answers: 0

Re: Problem downloading some MODIS Terra PAR files

by spartanen » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:37 am America/New_York

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply! I tried again, and I can now download the two files I was having trouble with. I'll know for next time to just wait a few hours and try again :)

Thanks again!