Missing OCSSW var folder

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
m_brown
Answers: 0

Missing OCSSW var folder

by m_brown » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:39 pm America/New_York

Hello,

I am running some scripts I've written to batch-process data with SeaDAS. These scripts work on my laptop (where I downloaded OCSSW via the SeaDAS GUI), and I am now attempting to run them on a server. I installed OCSSW on the server with the installer and manifest scripts with the following command (I would like to process MERIS and OLCI3a,b data):

./install_ocssw --install_dir=/pardees/f004/msbrown3/bin/seadas8/ocssw --tag V2021.2 --seadas --meris --olcis3a --olcis3b

When I run my processing code on the server (which calls l2bin), I get the following error:

-E- /home/seadas/focs/oel_util/libtimeutils/leapsecond.c:32 - leap second file (/pardees/f004/msbrown3/bin/seadas8/ocssw/var/common/tai-utc.dat) not found.

Inspection of the server OCSSW folder indicates that I do not have the OCSSW/var folder. Please just let me know how I should fix this. Thank you!

Mike

Tags:

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: Missing OCSSW var folder

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:43 pm America/New_York

Mike,
you found an inconsistency in the order of operations. The var tree is created by update_luts, but update_luts ins't called unless one of the sensors that has need of it is selected. You can cheat. Run "update_luts seawifs". The SeaWiFS LUTs under var are small and it should go quickly.

We'll be rectifying this oversight with a future release.

Sean

m_brown

by m_brown » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:07 pm America/New_York

Thanks Sean,

I ran the "update_luts seawifs" command but received the following error (additionally, there is now a OCSSW/var/common folder, but it is empty):

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/pardees/f004/msbrown3/bin/seadas8/ocssw/bin/update_luts", line 63, in <module>
luts.get_luts()
File "/pardees/f004/msbrown3/bin/seadas8/ocssw/bin/seadasutils/LutUtils.py", line 132, in get_luts
check_times=True)
File "/pardees/f004/msbrown3/bin/seadas8/ocssw/bin/seadasutils/JsonUtils.py", line 198, in download_allfiles
all_links = self.get_links(url, regex=regex)
File "/pardees/f004/msbrown3/bin/seadas8/ocssw/bin/seadasutils/JsonUtils.py", line 165, in get_links
with session.get(url, stream=True, timeout=self.timeout) as response:
AttributeError: __enter__

Please just let me know how to proceed. I'm happy to remove and reinstall if necessary.

Mike

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:06 am America/New_York

Mike,
What version of python are you running on the server? Have you installed the correct version of the "requests" module?

Sean

m_brown

by m_brown » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:12 pm America/New_York

Thanks Sean! That was it - my newly constructed Python env did not have the "requests" module even installed. After installation I was able to run the "update_luts seawifs" command, and then my code worked. Thank you!