Please enter here to ask a question about any NASA Science related topics!
- User Services
- Posts: 165
- Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:29 am America/New_York
Intensive assessment of MISR product data quality is an ongoing activity. Focused studies of some parameters are completed. Quality designators indicate the maturity of products and individual parameters. A product may contain parameters at varying quality levels. Below are the Maturity Level definitions:
- Beta: Early release products for users to gain familiarity with data formats and parameters.
- Provisional: Limited comparisons with independent sources have been made and obvious artifacts fixed.
- Validated Stage 1: Uncertainties are estimated from independent measurements at selected locations and times.
- Validated Stage 2: Uncertainties are estimated from more widely distributed independent measurements.
- Validated Stage 3: Uncertainties are estimated from independent measurements representing global conditions.
The current MISR Quality Statements
and new MISR Quality Statements
provide quality designators for the individual data products. Also, validation information
is available from the MISR web site.