L2gen fail with exit code 1

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
gnwiii
Answers: 2

Re: L2gen fail with exit code 1

by gnwiii » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:15 pm America/New_York

I had no problem processing the same granule to generate GEO and L1B files, download ancillary files, and then L2_LAC files for "l2prod=chlor_a", but got exit code 139 for "l2prod=chlor_a,sst_triple". The "sst_triple" algorithm is for VIIRS, and only works for night time granules: <https://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/atbd/sst_triple/>.

Tags:

OB SeaDAS - dshea
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 0

by OB SeaDAS - dshea » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:43 am America/New_York

Thanks George,

I get the same core dump when producing sst_tripple on a MODIS file. We will enter a bug report. L2gen should catch products that can not be produced and print out a reasonable error.

don

fatemahfa
Answers: 0

by fatemahfa » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:30 am America/New_York

Dear Sir;
I am still facing the same problem...Can I uninstall SeaDAS 8.1.0?
and how I can Uninstall the program as it doesn't have direct uninstallation file? and then install again SeaDAS 8.0 with OCSSW 2020.0
Kind regards

gnwiii
Answers: 2

by gnwiii » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:39 am America/New_York

The OCSSW system has a separate installer called "install_ocssw". I don't think uninstalling the GUI will affect the existing OCSSW install. The installer is a python script that can be run from the command line. There are detailed instructions at https://seadas.gsfc.nasa.gov/downloads/ under the heading "Manual Install". Using a command-line terminal, just rename the ocssw directory (e.g., to "ocssw-V2021.2") and do a command-line install of a different tag using the original install location without reinstalling the GUI.