OCSSW Issue with Modis_GEO

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
zach.greenberg26
Answers: 0

OCSSW Issue with Modis_GEO

by zach.greenberg26 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:57 pm America/New_York

Hello,

I am attempting to complete the homework associated with the Monitoring Coastal and Estuarine Water Quality Using Remote Sensing and In Situ Data. I am working off of a MacBook Pro and am running on Big Sur OS. This is my first real set of uses of SeaDAS.

I successfully completed the first assignment of mapping out the Gulf of Mexico. Originally, I’d had some difficulties installing the program but managed to get it to work. However, for this portion of the task, I was asked to download some 1A MODIS and VIIRS images, so I did. The next step was to use the MODIS Geolocation function modis_GEO in the SeaDASS-OCSSW ribbon. I thought that I successfully installed OCSSW and followed all of the associated instructions to install OCSSW and to complete up to this portion of the assignment (slide attached):

When I do this and press “run”, I receive the following error message (message attached):

The next slide points me to a website in case of an error, but I do not think they apply here and I am not familiar with coding techniques or what the website is asking that I do, my apologies.

If at all possible, I’d love to set up a time to call and discuss this and possibly get some help in correctly installing OCSSW, because the instructions were not working for me and I think I’ve done something wrong.

Please let me know what I can do. Thank you in advance!

Zach Greenberg
Attachments
Instructional Slide
Instructional Slide
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 5.55.31 PM.png (388.98 KiB) Not viewed yet
Error Message
Error Message
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 5.54.10 PM.png (243.94 KiB) Not viewed yet

Tags:

OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: OCSSW Issue with Modis_GEO

by OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:59 am America/New_York

From your 1st screenshot, it seems that you need to set up your ~/.netrc file.

There is an instruction regarding "Create a .netrc file" on this page -- https://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/data/download_methods/

zach.greenberg26
Answers: 0

by zach.greenberg26 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:53 pm America/New_York

I set up the ~/.netrc file, but am still getting the following error when I try and run modis_GEO:

Any ideas?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 6.29.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 6.29.57 PM.png (58.64 KiB) Not viewed yet

OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

by OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:06 am America/New_York

Try this on the command line:

Code: Select all

xcode -select --install

See: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/673827

Hope this does not confuse you -- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1102&sid=d640c07564 ... cd7c8df952