Question about download MISR V23 aerosol

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
rszhuhao
Answers: 0

Question about download MISR V23 aerosol

by rszhuhao » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:56 am America/New_York

Hello,

I ordered some data from the website:https://l0dup05.larc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/MISR/main.cgi. But I haven't received any reply. I want to know when I can get the data download link

In addition, after I ordered a lot of data, I customized the spatial bounding box at the customization option. Can I finally obtain data only in the region of interest?

Thanks in advance

Tags:

ASDC - cheyenne.e.land
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: Question about download MISR V23 aerosol

by ASDC - cheyenne.e.land » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:52 am America/New_York

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in MISR. We are currently looking at this issue and there may be some delay due to the holidays but we'll keep you posted as soon as there is have an update. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

ASDC User Services

ASDC - cheyenne.e.land
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by ASDC - cheyenne.e.land » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:14 pm America/New_York

Hello,

Do you happen to know what your order number is? Thanks.

Regards,
ASDC User Services

rszhuhao

by rszhuhao » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:01 pm America/New_York

Hello,

Thanks for your reply!
I'm very sorry to disturb you during your break!

My order number is 202112278479.
I need a lot of data. In order to improve the download speed, I want to apply for orders in different time periods, so I want to know how long it usually takes for orders to be completed

Regards,
Hao Zhu

ASDC - cheyenne.e.land
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by ASDC - cheyenne.e.land » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:49 am America/New_York

Hello,

We are still figuring out why you did not receive a data link but I was able to retrieve it.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

ASDC User Services

rszhuhao

by rszhuhao » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:46 pm America/New_York

Hello,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I didn't receive an email with this link. I only received an email with the following content: Your order 202112278479 was submitted for reformat. You will receive another email with pickup directions.

Now, I still have three questions:

1. I noticed a sentence in the customization option: only one data product at a time can be subset by parameter. I don't understand this sentence. I selected all the search result data, and then applied the spatial subset. All the data in the final link seems to be in my spatial subset.

2. The final data link contains NC suffix data and nc.MD5, nc.Met and nc.met.MD5 suffix data. Do I just download NC suffix data is OK? There is no need to download the data of the other three suffixes.

3. I still want to know how long is the general interval from order application to order production?

Regards,
Hao Zhu

ASDC - cheyenne.e.land
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by ASDC - cheyenne.e.land » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:13 pm America/New_York

Hello,

1. As you may know, you can use the Spatial Subset, the Temporal Subset and the Parameter Subset. However you can only use one MISR product at a time when using the Parameter Subset because not all MISR products have the same parameters. I am not sure why you are receiving all of the data when you use the Spatial Subset. I will have to get in contact with the admin and ask why this is happening, but unfortunately due to the holidays, a response back may be delayed.

2. You will probably only need the .nc file. The MET File is the metadata file in XML format that is delivered to the user along with the product ordered The MD5 file just contains checksum information used to validate file transfers over the network and assure the integrity of the data.

3. You should retrieve your data within the same day you placed your order depending on how much data there is. So the more data you order the longer it will take. Unfortunately right now ASDC is having some technical difficulties with our system which is probably why you did not receive and email with a link to your data. But If you need to order more data, send me the order number and I can get you the link.

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience at this time.

Regards,
ASDC User Services