Questions About CERES data set for LW/SW NET TOA Flux

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
EarthdataForumContributor
Answers: 3

Questions About CERES data set for LW/SW NET TOA Flux

by EarthdataForumContributor » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:25 pm America/New_York

Which CERES data set for LW/SW NET TOA Flux is the most appropriate to correlate to ground LSAT and SSAT (i.e., Global Mean Surface Temperature)?
Are there any recommended reports or articles already published comparing atmospheric radiation (LW and SW) .vs. to ground LSAT and SSAT (i.e., Global Mean Surface Temperature)?

Feb 22, 2017

Tags:

asdc_user_services
User Services
User Services
Answers: 8

Re: Questions About CERES data set for LW/SW NET TOA Flux

by asdc_user_services » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:26 pm America/New_York

Q: Which CERES data set best details the NET TOA outward LW/SW flux?
CERES EBAF-TOA.
A: https://asdc.larc.nasa.gov/project/CERES

Q: Which CERES data set for LW/SW NET TOA Flux is the most appropriate to correlate to ground LSAT and SSAT (i.e., Global Mean SurfaceTemperature)?
A: It depends upon what temporal and spatial resolution you are interested in. I suggest reading the data product documentation and making your own assessment.

Q: Which CERES data set for LW/SW NET TOA Flux is the most appropriate to correlate to ground LSAT and SSAT (i.e., Global Mean SurfaceTemperature)?
A: It depends upon what temporal and spatial resolution you are interested in. I suggest reading the data product documentation and making your own assessment.
https://ceres.larc.nasa.gov/documents/D ... .0_DQS.pdf

Q: Are there any recommended reports or articles already published comparing atmospheric radiation (LW and SW) .vs. to ground LSAT and SSAT (i.e., Global Mean Surface Temperature)?
A: Not that I’m aware of but I would suggest you do your own literature search to find this out.

Mar 23, 2017