DATA REQUEST FOR RHEUMATOLOGY PROJECT

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
EarthdataForumContributor
Answers: 3

DATA REQUEST FOR RHEUMATOLOGY PROJECT

by EarthdataForumContributor » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:55 pm America/New_York

At the last, we would need data of ozone and/or ultraviolet B radiation to complete the work, due to these climatological data influence in lupus cutaneous lesions. I haven´t found it in the web site you sent me https://power.larc.nasa.gov (/docs/v1/.)

Could you show me how I get these data?

Tags:

ASDC - mcook
User Services
User Services
Answers: 0

Re: DATA REQUEST FOR RHEUMATOLOGY PROJECT

by ASDC - mcook » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:09 pm America/New_York

Answer provided by the POWER Team

Your project sounds very interesting and we of course would like to help the best we can. However, as of right now, we don’t have UV fluxes available. However, we do have the global SW (i.e., all-sky downward surface shortwave (SW)). All the monthly average parameters are available if you select “Interannual” for your temporal average using the Data Access Viewer and the Single Location App (blue App). You’ll be able to obtain the global radiation (all-sky insolation incident to a horizontal surface) by looking for parameters within the “Solar Cooking” file folder. This will allow you to download the monthly average time series through 2018 (2019 should be available within another month).

As alternative you could also, go to the CERES subsetter at:

https://ceres.larc.nasa.gov/order_data.php

Then find the “browse and subset” button corresponding to the data set entitled “Syn1Deg”. Select the latest version to get the parameter list. Once you see the parameter list expand the parameters under “Adjusted All-sky Profile Fluxes” and select “Surface” and “Shortwave Flux Down”. Then scroll closer to the bottom and expand the parameters under “Adjusted UV Fluxes and Index”. Once you select your parameters scroll down to select “monthly” and then specify your region of interest and dates. You’ll be able to order the data that will be sent to an ASCII and .netCDF file for your to read and process.