I can’t create a ASDC account. Could you help me with that?
Within this quide you should be able to find the data for your research.
Quick Start User’s Guide:
Here are instructions for accessing/downloading solar radiation data.
Solar and meteorological parameters can be accessed in the POWER web site via the Data Access Viewer (DAV) https://power.larc.nasa.gov/data-access-viewer/. When the DAV page opens you may click the “Access Data” box and/or check the “Do not show ...” box to avoid loading the splash Page on subsequent visits.
1. In the DAV page that is now visible, in Section 1 select "SSE-Renewable Energy" or "Sustainable Buildings" or "Agroclimatology".
2. Section 2. Select "Daily", or "Interannual, or Climatology.
3. Section 3. Enter the site latitude and longitude.
4. In Section 4, Select the Time Extent (Enter Start time and End time).
5. In Section 5, Select Output File Format of your choice.
6. In Section 6, Select Folders of your choice pertaining to your research.
The parameters that are available for the Select User Community and Time Extent are listed in Parameters Folders. Each folder can be opened by clicking on the intersection of the horizontal and vertical branch associated with each folder. Individual data parameters are selected/deselected by clicking on each parameters or all parameters in a folder can be selected/deselected by clicking on the folder itself.
7. Click the “Submit” button in Section 7. The resulting page will provide time series plots of the selected data parameters. To download data in the previously selected format click the appropriate box under the "Output Files".
A new users guide (https://power.larc.nasa.gov/data-access ... _GUIDE.pdf)
You may also download all data parameters using API calls described at https://power.larc.nasa.gov/docs/v1/.
The methodology documentation (https://power.larc.nasa.gov/docs/methodology/) includes updated definitions and parameter uncertainty information derived using surface measurements.
- Subject Matter Expert
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:36 pm America/New_York
- Location: NASA LaRC
Were you able to obtain the data products you sought? Your application to infrastructure is one that we'd like to support. Are there additional parameters that might be of use?
Paul Stackhouse of the POWER Team
NASA Langley Research Center
Hampton, VA, USA