Is there any easy way to obtain list of acquisition dates for MISR netcdf files?

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
smithalas
Answers: 0

Is there any easy way to obtain list of acquisition dates for MISR netcdf files?

by smithalas » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:16 am America/New_York

Dear Earth Data team,

I have a large number of MISR L2 aerosol product netCDF files I am using for my research and I need to obtain a list of acquisition dates corresponding to each file. Is there a speedy and relatively painless way to do this on Python or R? I used to be able to do this with the netCDF4 package on my Anaconda distribution but this has since stopped working (I think there are issues with using netCDF4 in conda environments).

Tags:

smithalas

Re: Is there any easy way to obtain list of acquisition dates for MISR netcdf files?

by smithalas » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:39 am America/New_York

I managed to figure it out - if anyone would like to know how I did it, just let me know.

rs_datadownload

Re: Is there any easy way to obtain list of acquisition dates for MISR netcdf files?

by rs_datadownload » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:36 am America/New_York

Hi, I was wondering if you got the coordinate information in Python and how to write the coordinate information into the TIF image.

Because latitude and longitude information is irregular, how do I write it to a TIF file?Does Python have the tools?I have used GDAL, but GDAL cannot write irregular coordinates through geotransform.

liuzihan123

by liuzihan123 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:03 am America/New_York

Have you already figured this problem out? I would like to konw how too

ASDC - David W.
User Services
User Services

by ASDC - David W. » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:03 pm America/New_York

Hello Liuzihan123,

The answer to your question may be found on this other Earthdata Forum post.

viewtopic.php?t=2778

Thank you,

David W.
NASA Langley ASDC DAAC Lifecycle