Custom Order AIRS Product

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
shaun_uzh
Answers: 0

Custom Order AIRS Product

by shaun_uzh » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:01 am America/New_York

Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to order custom products? For example, I would need a product between a level 1C and 3. I'm working with the AIRICRAD product and I would like to generate monthly means of the calibrated radiances for the whole northern and southern hemisphere. Therefore, if daily averages of this product would already exist, it would make the data handling (averaging whole months for several years) much easier. Or is there an easy way to achieve this goal without downloading 240 granules per day times 365 and over a period of 20 years?

Thank you very much

Tags:

GES DISC - jimacker
User Services
User Services
Answers: 3

Re: Custom Order AIRS Product

by GES DISC - jimacker » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:15 pm America/New_York

Shaun,

Thanks for your question. At this time do not have the capability to create a customized product such as you describe. Cloud computing may make such an operation easier and faster, but the data is not currently in the cloud environment. A short examination of the question indicated that the best way to do it with scientific accuracy is the method you described.

GES DISC - jimacker
User Services
User Services
Answers: 3

Re: Custom Order AIRS Product

by GES DISC - jimacker » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:18 pm America/New_York

For further information, we suggest contacting Dr. Larrabee Strow at the University of Maryland - Baltimore County (UMBC).