Download data about an average SST in a specific period

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
zoolo
Answers: 0

Download data about an average SST in a specific period

by zoolo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:26 am America/New_York

Hello all,

I need to download average Sea Surface Temperature for the period 2010-2019 for a university project I am working on, and I realized that on "worldview" there is no option allowing to show the average SST for a period of time, only for specific dates, I also noticed that I can't download the Data even for a single day, the download links are not shown on the next page.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Tags:

GES DISC - jimacker
User Services
User Services
Answers: 3

Re: Download data about an average SST in a specific period

by GES DISC - jimacker » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:17 pm America/New_York

Hello,

Our Giovanni data system will suit your requirements! You may choose a designated region with a bounding box, and average specific periods of time, and also create seasonal and monthly averages over time. SST data from MODIS-Aqua is provided in several forms (11 and 4 micron, Day and Night). Link to Giovanni: https://giovanni.gsfc.nasa.gov ; use the Keyword "SST". For Monthly or Seasonal averages, choose the "Monthly or Seasonal Averages" option under "Time-Averaged Map".

Please reply for additional assistance, if necessary.

zoolo
Answers: 0

by zoolo » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:56 pm America/New_York

Thank you for the answer, I was able to find the data for the average SST of a certain range of time, nevertheless when it came to the download part it didn't suggest downloading the averaged data but the whole daily SST data from the first day to the last, what I want to do is to use the data as a layer in Qgis, so is it possible to download the average SST data from this website ? Thank you.

GES DISC - jimacker
User Services
User Services
Answers: 3

by GES DISC - jimacker » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:15 pm America/New_York

Hello,

I apologize for my delay in replying. For your plot, under downloads, the top section should show options for the image (KMZ, PNG, etc.), and a link for the netCDF file. That file is the output data corresponding to the plot.