Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
I have a question regarding obtaining an APP key for LANCE NRT products to be able to download VIIRS NRT data.
I go to https://nrt4.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/archive/, then in the top right corner I click on "Profile", then "API Keys". I enter some text in the description, and click on "Create New App Key" but it does not look like that any key is generated. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
- Screen shot
- APP Key.png (44.13 KiB) Not viewed yet
Our web development team has resolved the Appkey issue by transitioning to a new token generation system.
Please note that NRT is no longer allowing the creation of new app keys. Instead, please generate a token for use with your download scripts. This token will be used everywhere the app key are currently used.
The NRT system will not save previously-generated tokens on this page. You are welcome to generate a new token if you lose an old one. Tokens currently do not expire, but NRT may introduce expiration dates in the near future.
- Make sure your token is from NRT[3,4] system and not from Earthdata (that starts with EDL-...).
- If you are trying to download data from NRT4,try your command with NRT3 because few week back we have had an issue with NRT4 authentication which has been fixed but just in case.
Finally, what header(s) is R sending with the token?
Also the r script I am running is:
wget -e robots=off -m -np -R .html,.tmp -nH --cut-dirs=9 "https://nrt3.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/api ... 05.006.hdf" --header "Authorization: Bearer token" -P, where token is my token from the site.
This server does not understand your most recent request.
Please use reference number: 141ee4462e69152215deba5d27963407 when contacting MODAPS User Support
Questions can be directed to MODAPS User Support.
- go to https://nrt3.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/,
- click on "Help" top right,
- click on "Automating NRT Download" from the pull-down menu,
- click on "Requesting a Download Token" from the page.