Draw polygon on a scatter plot in SeaDAS

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
megasaputra8
Answers: 0

Draw polygon on a scatter plot in SeaDAS

by megasaputra8 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:47 pm America/New_York

I want to create free polygon in a scatter plot in SeaDAS. In the menu, there are many choices like rectangle drawing tool, ellipse drawing tool, and polygon drawing tool. But, when I select rectangle drawing tool or polygon drawing tool, and I draw in a scatter plot, the result is ellipse. You can see my attachment. So, how to solve this?
I install SeaDAS in MX Linux 19.3.
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-12-28_12-00-53a.png
Screenshot_2020-12-28_12-00-53a.png (455.33 KiB) Not viewed yet

Tags:

megasaputra8
Answers: 0

Re: Draw polygon on a scatter plot in SeaDAS

by megasaputra8 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:59 pm America/New_York

I think, I should to post this question in special forum. And I find it. It is in https://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/forum/ ... um_show.pl. I will ask there. Thank you

ASDC - rkey
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Re: Draw polygon on a scatter plot in SeaDAS

by ASDC - rkey » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:22 pm America/New_York

Thank you for submitting your question on the Earthdata Forum. In following up on your inquiry, I see you have since posted and received a response from the oceancolor forum that we're including for future reference.
From the scatterplot help entry:
Select Mask 'scatter_plot_area'

Allows the user to create a mask from the scatter plot. After selecting the menu entry, an elliptical selection frame can be created by clicking into the plot, dragging, and releasing. The mask will be created according to the values selected, and will immediately be selected.

If you want to annotate the scatterplot you should save an image and use image editing software, or export the data to a more suitable application.
Yes, I know that way. But, how to create free polygon from scatter plot?
Because, when I dragging, the result is ellipse. Not polygon.
The drawing tools only apply to the product image windows, so you will have to create your desired image with 3rd party tools. There are only a few SeaDAS developers, so it is best if they focus on the remote sensing capabilities (support for new sensors and algorithms) you can't get from widely used general-purpose software.