TRMM LIS-OTD HRSC

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
unashish
Answers: 0

TRMM LIS-OTD HRSC

by unashish » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:25 am America/New_York

I want to know about the High resolution Seasonal Climatology of TRMM LIS-OTD data, it is showing 12 plots for the seasons, but I have to show this data in 3 month format eg: DJF, MAM, JJA, SON.
how to use this lightning data for seasonal climamtology.

Tags:

GHRC_DAAC_Lucy
User Services
User Services

Re: TRMM LIS-OTD HRSC

by GHRC_DAAC_Lucy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:31 pm America/New_York

Thank you for your inquiry!
The LIS/OTD 0.5 Degree High Resolution Monthly Climatology (HRMC) (https://ghrc.nsstc.nasa.gov/hydro/details/lohrmc) dataset include monthly flash rate climatology and flash rate seasonal climatology data on a 0.5 degree grid.
The flash rate seasonal climatology data (HRSC_COM_FR[12,720,360]) from this dataset are Mean flash rate in middle of each month, with seasonal smoothing ( 91-day boxcar moving average, 91-day digital filter). The months DJF would correspond to the first element of the first dimension. MAM would be the 4th element of the first dimension, JJA the 7th element, SON the 10th element.

unashish

by unashish » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:41 am America/New_York

thank you for the response,
should I take the average of the 3 elements, or I have to plot only the elements which you had described, like for "DJF season - first element" and respectively.

GHRC_DAAC_Lucy
User Services
User Services

by GHRC_DAAC_Lucy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:57 am America/New_York

Just plot only the elements which I had described, like for "DJF season - first element" and respectively.
The 12 elements in the first dimension are 91-day moving averages and correspond to DJF, JFM, FMA, MAM, AMJ, MJJ, JJA, JAS, ASO, SON, OND and NDJ respectively.