Goddard Space Flight Center in the development and maintenance of
satellite image analysis and data processing software.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining the SeaWiFS Data Analysis System (SeaDAS)
for distribution to the research community;
- Training and support for the SeaDAS user community.
- Minimum of two years experience in complex scientific software
development with IDL and C in a UNIX environment;
- Experience with the IRIX, Solaris, Linux or MacOSX operating systems;
- Experience with complex debugging using gdb or dbx tools;
- Experience with Makefiles and source code compilation;
- Experience with software testing.
Also desired is experience as a SeaDAS user; experience with HDF, UNIX
shell scripts, IMAKE or development under LINUX; knowledge of SeaWiFS or
other satellite-based image data; experience with GUI design; experience
with creating and maintaining web pages with HTML and Netscape Composer;
experience using FTP, scp, and ssh; knowledge and experience with
programming complex data structures and pointers.
Education: BS in computer science, physical science, engineering, or
For more information, or to apply for this position, contact