OCRT Selected Talks

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
genecarlfeldman
Answers: 0

OCRT Selected Talks

by genecarlfeldman » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:54 am America/New_York

Members of the Ocean Color Community:

Thank you to the many of you who submitted short abstracts to present talks at the upcoming Ocean Color Research Team Meeting in Portland (close date was yesterday, 31 March). There was an overwhelming response to this request, so it was difficult to make a decision, as there were many excellent abstracts submitted. The following people were selected to present short (15 minute) talks. Please plan to allot time in your 15 minutes for a Q&A period. Everyone who did not get selected, I strongly encourage to bring a poster on your topics to the meeting. All topics submitted will be of tremendous interest to the group. I thank everyone for their hard work.

Discussion Session I: New Measurements/Missions

Hu, C. (Ocean color reveals phase shift between marine plants and yellow substance)
Stramski, D. (Basic research in ocean optics in support of remote sensing)
Goes, J. (Estimating nitrate-based carbon export in the sea)
Myers, J. (Recent advances on UAV Ocean Color Sensors at NASA)

Discussion Session 2: Cal/val

No submissions made

Discussion Session 3: Primary Productivity

Carr, M-E. (A comparison of global estimates of marine primary production from ocean color)
Banse, K. (Daily Rate of change in phytoplankton concentration, integrated daily phytoplankton production, associated CO2 flux, and grazing loss)

Please let me know if there are questions. See you all in Portland.

Paula

Dr. Paula Bontempi
Ocean Biology and Biogeochemistry Program Scientist
Science Mission Directorate
Mail Suite 5H79
NASA Headquarters
300 E St. SW
Washington, D.C. 20546
Telephone: 202.358.1508
Facsimile: 202.358.2770
E-mail: paula.s.bontempi@nasa.gov

Tags: