- Subject Matter Expert
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:28 pm America/New_York
SeaDAS 7.1 - Release Notes (10/3/2014)
The SeaDAS development team is pleased to announce the release of SeaDAS 7.1,
which is built atop a slightly modified BEAM 5.0 version.
SeaDAS 7.1 is a significant release in several respects. It has a new user
interface with cleaner, simpler and more attractive layout which makes
finding and using tools easier. Frequently used tools have default behavior
that reduces user operation time. It also includes new tools, such as
bathymetry and mask tool and contour operator tool. In addition to new
features, it includes bug fixes and feature enhancements.
Reorganized toolbars, menu items and the default UI layout
Redesigned user interface icons
Added Bathymetry and mask tool
Added Contour tool
Graticule tool is improved significantly:
- Users can control label location, label angle, line spacing,
font size, tick-marks, border, widths, colors, and transparency
- Default behavior produces an auto-spaced grid
Color-Bar tool is improved:
- Users can control number of tick-marks, decimal places, font size,
manually entered points, scaling factor, color-bar sizing and
- Color bar can now be added as a layer on top of the image
- Default behavior produces a color-bar with reasonable values
Major revision to Color Palette Tool:
- Color scheme selector enables easy selection of product specific
and custom schemes.
- Saves and stores selected scheme and palette name.
Changed wording of Product to File to avoid confusion.
Changed the default background and no-data colors.
Geometries are now selectable and movable.
Geometries can now be defined with entered coordinates.
- Fixed reported bugs from SeaDAS 7.0.2
- Fixed issues with log scaling in Color Palette and Color-bar
- Fixed issues related to vector layer
- Fixed issues with coastline DIMAP saving
- Fixed issues with multi-processor
- Fixed issues with SeaDAS help
Contour shape files exported from SMI or "SeaDAS Mapped" HDF file images
cannot be imported correctly
Processing Code (OCSSW)
The science processing code has undergone major changes for the 2014
multi-mission ocean color data reprocessing:
http://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/cms/rep ... 20140.html
Many of these changes are related to the format change from HDF4 to netCDF4:
http://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/cms/DOC ... hange.html
New netCDF4 output, including significant changes to file metadata
New, higher resolution landmark
New terrain height correction code
Radiance units now output in W m^2 (formerly mW cm^-2)
New default chlorophyll algorithm
Updated PIC algorithm
Updated PAR algorithm
Updated SST algorithm
Added two PFT algorithms
Updated backscattering coefficients for the IOP models and atmospheric
correction algorithm (NIR iteration scheme), including temperature
and salinity dependence.
Improvements to l3bindump
The SeaDAS Development Group