- Subject Matter Expert
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:28 pm America/New_York
SeaDAS 7.2 - Release Notes (05/06/2015)
The SeaDAS development team is pleased to announce the release of SeaDAS 7.2
This release includes several new and updated features, as well as bug fixes.
Band Filters Added
- Low-Pass Radial Attenuation
- Circular Mean
- Bathymetry values are now 'true depth' accounting for local
water surface height instead of being relative to sea level
- Bathymetry values are now in positive units.
- Default bathymetry color scheme is in log space to better depict
shallow water floor features.
Color Palettes Added/Revised
- Bathymetry color palette revised with a smoother transition from
light blue-green to dark blue-green.
- Various gradient palettes added.
- Default (oceancolor_standard.cpd) revised to not use black at
- Added a user-defined data file for generating custom schemes
and/or overriding default schemes.
- Added a user-defined data file for customizing the scheme
- Added a wildcard feature to enable more generic auto-application
of color schemes.
- Refinements to user interface.
- Now uses a band filter by default.
RGB "True Color" Profiles Added
- Includes profiles for several missions using relevant rhos bands.
- Includes hybrid profiles with separate land and water algorithms
(uses level-2 file LAND mask)
- Fixed bug where parameter changes in the Color Manager of a band
which did not match a default scheme name were being lost when
toggling between bands.
- Fixed bugs related to the usage of band filters inside of the
- Fixed bugs which could cause program freeze-up on invalid user
GUI field entries.
Processing Code (OCSSW)
The science processing code has been updated to reflect changes recently implemented
in production (e.g. corrected implementation of the chlorophyll algorithm that resulted
in the reprocessing version R2014.1 of the VIIRS mission).
Support for the Operational Land Imager on Landsat 8
New program added, l3mapgen - an eventual replacement for smigen
l1bgen binary renamed l1bgen_generic
removed limit on NDVI calculation
revised the MODIS L1 reader function
Added 3 new Primary Productivity L2 products:
Improved dataday calcluation for l2bin
Generalized L2 flag percentages and added new flag percentages for:
Corrected indexing error in the qaa (and related) algorithm
updated several product scaling/min/max definitions
fixed a segmentation fault bug in l2extract netCDF extraction
corrected dpixl/dline implementation
several minor metadata corrections
fixed bug that caused a segmentation fault in l2gen if multiple output files were
defined for netCDF4
fix for chl_hu, chl_oci, to correct algebraic error in original implementation.
The SeaDAS Development Group