Corrupt file order

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
matt1996
Answers: 0

Corrupt file order

by matt1996 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:35 am America/New_York

Good day,
I am having difficulty extracting my Terra Modis 8 day chlorophyll files from the requested_files.tar file. Every time I unzip the file, a different number of files are extracted (2-12 files of the 68 in my order). I have used the same method to download previous daily chlorophyll data successfully-I am using the python script. I am very new to this so any help is appreciated.
I have tried to create a new order but to no avail-same problem.
Do you have any suggestions for my problem?

Cheers,
Matthew

Tags:

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: Corrupt file order

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:48 am America/New_York

Matthew,

I found two recent orders for Terra L3 8-day data associated with your username. The first created on Aug 5th had 98 extracted files (49 binned and 49 mapped chlor_a files). The second created today had 52 extracted files (26 binned and mapped). I was able to retrieve the tar bundles for each using the python script (obdaac_download), and successfully untar them (they are not zipped).

If the tar file was incompletely downloaded, you should have seen an indication of that when extracting the files, e.g.:

Code: Select all

tar -xvf requested_files_1.tar
x requested_files/T20020332002040.L3b_8D_CHL.x.nc
x requested_files/T20020332002040.L3m_8D_CHL.x_chlor_a.nc: Truncated tar archive
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors. 
If this happened, you'd need to download the file again (remove the truncated file first).

Sean